This post is part of the “Blogging from A-Z April Challenge”! The “J” themed inspiration for today is “Jurassic Park.” Enjoy!
Recently Jurassic Park came out in theatres once again, this time jurassic-er than ever in three dimensions of dino terror.
I hadn’t seen the movie since I was a child, and all I really remembered was being completely terrified and wondering why on Earth my parents allowed me to watch such a film but not Bambi, Lion King, Dumbo, or part 2 of The Sound of Music.
But Holy T-REX did I have a good time.
The theatre was packed with diehard fans, and as soon as the Jurassic Park title came up on screen the entire room burst into applause. Unfortunately, the only seats we could get by the time we arrived were on the far left of the third row. This location actually turned out to have a hilarious perspective effect of the 3D-ness of the film; every time a character moved from the left to the right of the screen, they shrunk about 50% in size. This made for some fabulous scenes in which Timmy towered over Dr. Grant, or Dr. Sattler ran like a maniac away from a teensy dinosaur.
Anyways, without further ado, a disjointed collection of some of my favourite moments:
1. The creepy-as-f**k smile Dr. Grant gives Dr. Sattler in the final scene as they zoom peacefully away from the huge mess they’ve all created. Or how about when he just casually lays down on the sick triceratops? That grin. It’s just horrificly fascinating.
2. Samuel L. Jackson: “Hold onto your butts!”
3. Okay…correct me if I’m wrong but did Timmy just survive having the buggy he’s in flipped and crushed by a T-Rex, only to then also survive said buggy falling off a cliff and landing in a tree with him still in it, and FURTHERMORE falling out of a tree and landing with the buggy on top of him? And that’s not all, he also manages to live after being electrocuted off an electric fence at least 20 ft above the ground he lands on. Oh, and a kitchen full of velociraptors? Survives that too. Did I mention he gets through it all with a mere eyebrow scratch and a limp? All this while I have to think extra hard just to avoid tripping over my own feet while walking down the street or falling and breaking my neck when going down stairs?
4. “It’s an interactive CD-ROM!”
5. “God creates dinosaurs. God destroys dinosaurs. God creates man. Man destroys God. Man creates dinosaurs.”
“Dinosaurs eat man. Woman inherits the Earth.”
7. When Lex super conveniently turns out to be a computer mastermind in the nick of time. (Though she’s not forgiven for waving her flashlight around at the ANGRY DINOSAUR. Rookie move.)
8. When the T-Rex wins Jurassic UFC:
9. “Life finds a way.”
(Coming up tomorrow on The A-Z Challenge: ‘K’ is for….well, ‘K’)
Powered by Linky Tools
Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list…