Friends! On Monday I was nominated for a “Liebster Award” by dreaminofobx at Things I See And Know . She is an ex-elementary school teacher beautifully blogging her way through The A to Z Challenge. Thank you dreaminofobx!
I have no idea what a “Liebster Award” is, and it appears that the internet can’t seem to decide on that either, BUT, whatever it truly is, it looked like a fun break from A-Zing, so there you go.
To my nominees wishing to accept the award: (From dreaminofobx’s Leibster post)
To my Liebster Nominees, you are under no obligation to accept this award. However, it is an awesome opportunity for me to get to know you and you me, and to increase your own readership while pointing your readers to other blogs worth visiting. If you decide to accept the award in its current format, Blogging from A to Z Challenge, here’s what you need do:
• Post the award on your blog
• Thank the blogger who gave you the award and link back to his/her site
• Post 11 random facts about yourself
• Answer the 11 questions that the presenter of the award has asked
• Nominate 11 new bloggers with fewer than 200 followers
• Ask your nominees 11 questions
And so: (Side note: I was told constantly in high school writing class that “and so” is not ever appropriate. It is either “and” or “so”. But I can’t help it, “And so”-ing just seems to be so much more effective.)
11 Random Facts:
1. I own two cats; Mistoffolees (named after the CATS “Magical Mr. Mistoffolees”…except she’s a girl) and Shyloh. And one epileptic Corgi-Chihuahua named Harlo.
2. There is a trapeze in my basement.
3. I am a two-time culprit of accidental mouse breeding.
4. My dad is an inventor.
5. I cry when Wilson gets lost in the storm in “Castaway”, but haven’t shed a tear watching “The Notebook.”
6. I have puked over the tracks of the 5 train at Grand Central Station.
7. I have been asked to donate my eggs while at the drugstore.
8. I have recurring dreams where brightly colored geometric shapes just float across my vision.
9. I was a MASSIVE baby, and when I started losing weight too quickly, the doctor told my parents to feed me butter on a spoon. Gag.
10. On Christmas Eve in NYC I role-played “Polar Express” with a homeless man on the subway.
11. There are still Christmas lights up in my room.
Dreaminofobx’s 11 Questions:
Who is the most famous person you’ve ever met?
While at the National Ballet School, I saw Karen Kain a few times, but I never really met her. I’ve also worked at a restaurant that Eugene Levy, Jeanne Beker, Adele, and Jake Gyllenhaal have visited, though I’ve only seen Eugene and Jeanne and haven’t talked to either more than saying hello and thank you, etc.
Why did you start blogging?
There are always just so many thoughts, stories and nonsensical ideas in my head, and it helps to have an outlet for it all. I used to have opportunities to write all the time for classes in high school, but now that I’m done with that, I miss it!
What is your most likable quality?
Oh GOD. I think the best thing I can offer is being open-minded to everyone’s point of views and situations in life. Even if I don’t understand something, I recognize that that fact doesn’t mean it isn’t valid. I appreciate all kinds of uniqueness in the world and realize that of all the billions of lives that have and are being lived, I haven’t even fully lived one. It puts everything into perspective.
What is one item you should throw away, but probably never will?
I have shreds of a “blankie” I used to carry around with me everywhere as a child in the back of my dresser drawer.
If you could be anywhere in the world this New Year’s Eve, where would you choose and why?
My best friend’s house for her annual NYE party! Or…maybe on top of an epic mountain or beach somewhere to watch the sunrise.
Summarize your outlook on life in six words.
Laugh, love, grow, let go, repeat.
If you had a $100 gift card to spend in any store, where would you choose to spend it?
Chapters. (The Barnes and Noble of Canada.)
What cheers you up when you’re having a bad day?
The humor and quotes sections of Pinterest, pretending I am Martha Stewart, writing, dancing, listening to Max Richter and crying, and talking to funny people.
What one piece of advice would you give to a new blogger?
As a new blogger myself, that’s sort of difficult. But just write what you want to and do a lot of it. 🙂
If you could create a memorial to yourself in a city park, what and where would the memorial be?
I think it would be nice to have a little garden with lots of flowers and cats, and a bench with some cheesy quote about life on it that cute old couples could sit on to watch the sunset. It doesn’t matter where.
My 11 Questions:
1. What is one really awesome thing that happened to you by accident?
2. If your life was a movie, which one would it be and why?
3. If you got to live again as anything other than a human, what animal would you want to come back as?
4. What or who makes you laugh the most?
5. What did you want to grow up to be when you were a kid?
6. What is the strangest thing you’ve ever eaten?
7. Favourite quote and what it means to you?
8. Do you have a recurring dream?
9. Best rule you’ve ever broken?
10. Biggest mistake you’ve made with the best intentions?
11. Best advice you’ve ever received?
My Crazy Family Circus: A mom’s view on something we can all relate to…a crazy family.
Another Cup of Coffee: Poetic posts…makes me happy 🙂
The Secret Worlds of Danielle R. Zeissig: Steampunky A-Zing; nice!
So I Was Thinking…: Soft spot for blog names that include ellipses I suppose.
Random Ramblings of a 40-something: Wise and humourous opinions on life!
The Beveled Edge: Musings from someone on the edge. Of what, we’re not sure. But the edge of something.
Journey of Dreams: It’s just…beautiful!
Running Naked With Scissors: The name alone is a winner.
Confessions of A Job Seeker: Won me over with “O is for OMG”…man, I can relate.
Views of An Optimist: A short story a day? Yay!
CupcakeMumma: Cupcakes and creativity 🙂
Note: To all nominees I informed won a “Leibster” Award…hello, nice to meet you, I’ll be working on the “I before E” thing…:)